Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where It's At

If you've been wondering what's happened to the blog, let me just tell you -- things have been crazy around here. And by "around here" I mean, in my head.

After the layoff, I had this sudden, irresistible burst of creativity, resulting in several projects being opened at one time:

1)starting this blog;
2) creating my freelance web site;
3) coming up with the second longest name for a freelance web site that I could, namely nickpattersonfreelance.com;
4) starting to build a cabinet, which for the past two weeks, has resembled an upright coffin;
5) updating and finishing my LinkedIn profile;
6) deciding to tell people what I was up to on Twitter;
7) remembering what my Twitter name is;
8)remembering what my Twitter password is;
9)considering whether I should start a second blog;
10) creating a podcast from scratch;
11) eluding the men in the white coats.

So, finishing the first version of the web site, beginning regular check-ins at LinkedIn, posting the first podcast, remembering why I never use Twitter, and surrendering to the guys in the white coats --who only wanted to sell me ice cream -- I am back to being IroNick.

Since I've been gone, a lot of good humor has been going to waste, starting with the SEC championship. Had I been more timely with the blog I would have pointed out that Tim Tebow has now made clear the difference between crocodile tears and gator tears. And I might have noted that he certainly made crying like a little girl look supermanly. Then I would have stopped.

I might have had some words for Tiger Woods, who has finally given David Letterman something to joke about. Wait for it...

Or, I might have found some grim humor in the fact that Birmingham has now had 17 mayors since September. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But since I missed my chance at all of those things - or things that were actually funnier -- I'll just have to find something else. As soon as I do, I'll let you know. Meanwhile, I need to try to turn that coffin into a cabinet. I also need to get some sleep, although that has nothing to do with the cabinet. And I better hurry. I just thought of ten more things I need to do.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post!! True, and funny. I've been coming back each day to see if you've posted something. Keep it up mr. iron man, oh wait? Do I have the wrong blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Please keep 'em coming! Sleep-Coffin? Oh No! Please post the finished product as well even if it does turn out to be a coffin.

    ReplyDelete